Thursday, April 10, 2008

Our Child

We never know love like this. Steve and I have been given the privilege of raising Von Charles VI Barker. We never knew we could love like this. We never understood God's love for his son until we had a son of our own. How could God turn his back on his own son? To love us so much he could let his son die just seemed like a great jester to humanity. Now having Von we can only fathom the amount of love God has for us. There is nothing Steve and I wouldn't do for Von. It does not matter what he does in life, good or bad, we will be there for him. He could commit the greatest of sins and everyone else could abandon him but we will still be there to stand next to him and love him.

There is no other person I would want to raise a family with than Steve. It has been my honor to have his child. I see glimpses of Steve in Von, his independence and bravery. It's been fun to watch our son grow, to laugh together at the cute things Von does, and to share Von's little moments together. Steve and I are a team and I am grateful God gave him to me to be my partner in life.

No comments: